It's not possible to transfer billing details from a Squarespace 5 site to a Squarespace 7 site, as the platforms are completely separate. Instead, upgrade to paid service on your Squarespace 7.0 or 7.1 site, then cancel service on your Squarespace 5 site. If you have sub-accounts, reach out to our Customer Support team for help canceling your site.
Note: If you have a Squarespace 7 site with billing linked to Squarespace 5, follow the steps for unlinking your site instead.
If your Squarespace 5 site is on an annual plan, you'll receive an automatic prorated refund for the unused time on the plan when you cancel and remove that site.
- For a step-by-step guide on moving to Squarespace 7.0, visit Moving from Squarespace 5 to Squarespace 7.0.
- For a step-by-step guide on moving to Squarespace 7.1, visit Moving from Squarespace 5 to Squarespace 7.1.
- To learn more about canceling and removing your Squarespace 5 site, visit Canceling and deleting a site.
- If you registered your domain on Squarespace 5 and want to use it on Squarespace 7, open a ticket and our Customer Care team will move your domain to your new site.
- Before you upgrade to paid service on Squarespace 7, review the pricing plans.