When you build your site, you'll use built-in Squarespace 5 modules called pages and widgets:
- A page creates a separate page on your site where you can add content. It can display as a link in your top navigation or sidebar.
- A widget adds content to your sidebar.
Some modules are available as both a page and a widget. For example, you can create a stand-alone Amazon Item List Page, and in your site's sidebar you can add an Amazon Item List Widget.
This guide gives an overview of the available pages and widgets, with links to more information.
Note: To learn how to add pages and widgets to your site, visit Adding and editing content.
Widgets and pages
Click the link for each module to learn more.
- Amazon Item List Page/Widget - Display products sold on Amazon.com.
- Change Tracker Page/Widget - Display recent changes to your site.
- Discussion Page - Create a forum module to facilitate discussions on your site.
- Drop Box Page - Enable visitors to upload files to your site.
- FAQ Page - Provide answers to frequently-asked questions.
- File Storage Page - Upload, store, and share files.
- Flickr Widget - Not currently supported.
- Folder Page - Create a menu of links.
- Form Page/Widget - Create a form for collecting feedback and information. Available on the Unlimited billing plan.
- Guestbook Page - Create an open feed where visitors can share a message.
- HTML Page - A blank page for adding content such as text, images, and links. This page also supports WYSIWYG text.
Journal Page - Create a blog for your site.
- Journal Index Page/Widget - Curate a list of your most recent blog posts, organized by date, title, tag, or category.
- Journal Summary Widget - Display recent blog posts with teaser text.
- Links Page/Widget - Add a list of links.
- Location Widget - Not currently supported.
- Login Prompt Page/Widget - Add a place for your site's members to log in.
- Map Page - Embed a Google Map.
- Picture Gallery Page - Create a browsable gallery of images.
- Powered By Squarespace Page/Widget - Add a small icon to promote Squarespace on your site.
- Registration Page - Enable visitors to sign up for a member account.
- RSS Widget - Import entries from an RSS feed.
- Search Page/Widget - Help visitors search your site content.
- Send AIM Message Page - Allow visitors to send you an instant message via AIM.
- Send Email Page/Widget - Add a simple form for collecting feedback and information.
- Single Link Page - Add a navigation link.
- Social Links Widget - Display your social networking profiles and those of your site members.
- Syndicate RSS Page/Widget - Display a text link and icon that points to your RSS feed URLs.
- Tag Cloud Page/Widget - Add a tag cloud for your blog's tags and/or categories.
- Text/HTML Widget - A blank canvas for adding content to your sidebar, such as text, images, and links.
- Twitter Widget - Import tweets from Twitter.