In Squarespace 5, you can set sidebar sections to only show on certain pages. They can:
- Show only when you're on a specific page or pages.
- Show when you're on any page other than the page or pages you selected.
Tip: To learn how to add sidebar sections and fill them with widgets or page links, visit Organizing your site.
Tip: As an alternative, you could hide sidebar sections with style overrides.
Watch a video
Step 1 - Open the section configuration
To open a section's configuration open the Website Management bar and click Architecture under Structure. Then click Modify in any section.
Tip: In Structure mode, you can also click Edit next to a sidebar section.
Step 2 - Choose the filter
In the Selective Display section, use the Display Control drop-down menu to choose how the section displays:
- Display On All Pages - The section will appear on all pages of your site.
- Display Only When Specific Pages Are Active - The section will appear when visitors are on the pages you choose.
- Display Only When Specific Pages Are NOT Active - The section won't appear when visitors are on the pages you choose.
Step 3 - Choose pages
If you chose to filter for specific pages, a list of your site’s pages appears below. Check the page or pages that you want the filter to apply to. Then click Save.
Example: Display on a specific page
To set a section to appear only on your blog page, you'd open its configuration and choose these settings:
The section will now only display on your blog page:
Example: Display on all pages except one
To set a section to appear on all pages except your Menu page, you'd open its configuration and choose these settings:
The section will display on every other page of your site, but not your Menu page.