This page explains how to log into your Squarespace 5 site.
Note: If you can’t log in:
- Use your account name to log in, rather than an email address.
- Log in at the login URL listed below, rather than at www.squarespace.com.
How to log in
Log into your Squarespace 5 site at your site's login URL, also called the direct URL:
- Go to https://accountname.squarespace.com/display/Login, replacing “accountname” with your site's account name. Ensure Login is capitalized.
- Use your Squarespace 5 account name and password to log into your site.
For example, if your site's built-in domain is mycoolsite.squarespace.com, you'd go to https://mycoolsite.squarespace.com/display/Login and log in with mycoolsite and your password.
What's my account name?
Your Squarespace 5 site comes with a built-in domain, which is made up of your account name followed by the Squarespace domain.
If your built-in domain is https://username.squarespace.com, your account name is username.
If you can't remember your account name or built-in URL, visit our troubleshooting tips.
While we recommend logging in at your site's login URL, there are a couple other options:
- Customized login page - Create a login page or navigation link.
- Esc key shortcut - While on any page on your site, press the Esc key. If you’ve created a login page, that page will show. If not, it will take you to a login URL.
Tip: To manage one or more Squarespace sites with an email address and password or social account, upgrade your site to Squarespace 7. To learn more about the benefits of upgrading, visit Squarespace 5 vs. newer versions.
To sign out of your site, click Logout in the top bar.
Member accounts give a person or group of people special access to your website. To learn more, visit Creating member accounts.
To log in, members should use the same login URL that you use: https://accountname.squarespace.com/display/Login, replacing accountname with your site's account name.
Then they can log in with their member login name and password, which you created when you set up the member account.
Note: Member logins are available in the Unlimited billing plan.
If you can't remember your password or need to reset it, click I Forgot My Password above the password field on the login page. A password recovery email will be sent automatically to the email address on file for your site.
If you’re having issues logging in, visit Login troubleshooting.