This page explains how to log into your Squarespace 5 site.
Note: If you can’t log in:
- Use your account name to log in, rather than an email address.
- Log in at the login URL listed below, rather than at www.squarespace.com.
How to log in
Log into your Squarespace 5 site at your site's login URL, also called the direct URL:
- Go to https://accountname.squarespace.com/display/Login, replacing “accountname” with your site's account name. Ensure Login is capitalized.
- Use your Squarespace 5 account name and password to log into your site.
For example, if your site's built-in domain is mycoolsite.squarespace.com, you'd go to https://mycoolsite.squarespace.com/display/Login and log in with mycoolsite and your password.
What's my account name?
Your Squarespace 5 site comes with a built-in domain, which is made up of your account name followed by the Squarespace domain.
If your built-in domain is https://username.squarespace.com, your account name is username.
If you can't remember your account name or built-in URL, visit our troubleshooting tips.
While we recommend logging in at your site's login URL, there are a couple other options:
- Customized login page - Create a login page or navigation link.
- Esc key shortcut - While on any page on your site, press the Esc key. If you’ve created a login page, that page will show. If not, it will take you to a login URL.
To sign out of your site, click Logout in the top bar.
Member accounts give a person or group of people special access to your website. To learn more, visit Creating member accounts.
To log in, members should use the same login URL that you use: https://accountname.squarespace.com/display/Login, replacing accountname with your site's account name.
Then they can log in with their member login name and password, which you created when you set up the member account.
Note: Member logins are available in the Unlimited billing plan.
If you can't remember your password or need to reset it, click I Forgot My Password above the password field on the login page. A password recovery email will be sent automatically to the email address on file for your site.
If you’re having issues logging in, visit Login troubleshooting.