You can place multiple pages into a menu in your navigation or sidebar using the Folder page type.
Folders display differently in the top navigation and sidebars. In the top navigation, folders create a drop-down menu.
In sidebars, they create a stacked menu of links.
Watch a video
Step 1 - Add a folder
Open Structure Mode and click Add Page. Choose the Folder page type and click Select & Configure.
Step 2 - Configure the folder
Add your Page Title, then select a Folder Display Method to choose what happens when a visitor clicks on the folder name within the navigation.
- None (Recommended) - Clicking the folder name reveals or hides the drop-down menu.
- Redirect To Page - Clicking the folder name in your sidebar takes you to a page within the folder. Choose the page it takes you to by setting the front page.
- Folder Overview - Clicking the folder name takes you to an overview page that lists the folder's pages and descriptions. Edit the descriptions in Content Mode.
Click Create Page, then hover over the folder link while in Structure Mode and click Enable.
Step 3 - Add pages to the folder
To add pages to your folder, open the Website Management bar in the top-left and click Architecture in the Structure section.
Drag the pages into your folder.
- Folder pages in sidebars can contain up to 3 tiers of navigation (2 nested folders).
- Folders in the top navigation don't support nested folders.
Set a front page
If you selected the Redirect To Page configuration in Step 2, set a front page to determine which link your visitors will go to when they click the folder name.
- In the Website Management bar, click Architecture in the Structure section.
- Hover over the page in your folder and click Configure.
- Click Set As Front Page.
Note: You can't set a Single Link page type as a front page.
Error message: "No default folder page selected"
If you see the error message below when you click the title for your folder, the link to a page in your folder isn't configured correctly.
To fix this, there are two options:
- Set a front page - Choose a page your visitors will go to when they click the folder name.
- Reconfigure the folder - In the folder configuration, choose None or Folder Overview so that clicking the folder name doesn't redirect to a page within the folder.
NO DEFAULT FOLDER PAGE SELECTED!
Please login using the link in your navigation bar and correct this problem. You must set the page that this folder should direct users to. If you wish to have a different type of behavior, please set a different display method for this folder. This can be done from the Architecture section of your website manager.