Aside from your site's built-in dates, Squarespace 5 doesn't have options for adding languages other than English to your site.
If you're creating a site that has two or more languages, here are some suggestions:
- Create a page in one language, then create a second page, duplicate the HTML and change the text to the second language.
- Use Google Translate to automatically translate your content.
- Create separate sidebar sections for each language and choose where they display.
- Use member accounts and audiences to give people special access to certain pages.
- Use a style override to show different sidebar navigation on specific pages.
- Adjust your site language and date format to change how dates display on your site.
Squarespace 7.0 comparison
Our current platform, Squarespace 7.0, has more sophisticated options for creating content in different languages, including:
- Templates that work well for multilingual sites.
- The option to change the language you see when you edit your site.
- The option to change the built-in text that visitors see.
- A selection of fonts, so you can find one that works well for your language.