Aside from your site's built-in dates, Squarespace 5 doesn't have options for adding languages other than English to your site.
If you're creating a site that has two or more languages, here are some suggestions:
- Create a page in one language, then create a second page, duplicate the HTML and change the text to the second language.
- Use Google Translate to automatically translate your content.
- Create separate sidebar sections for each language and choose where they display.
- Use member accounts and audiences to give people special access to certain pages.
- Use a style override to show different sidebar navigation on specific pages.
- Adjust your site language and date format to change how dates display on your site.
Squarespace 7 comparison
Our current platform has more sophisticated options for creating content in different languages, including:
- The option to change the language you see when you edit your site.
- The option to change the built-in text that visitors see.
- A selection of fonts, so you can find one that works well for your language.
To learn more about switching to Squarespace 7, visit Squarespace 5 vs. newer versions.