Traffic Overview lists usage statistics and metrics for your Squarespace 5 site. This data is updated roughly every 15 minutes.
To open Traffic Overview:
- Log into your site.
- Open the Website Management bar.
- Click Traffic Overview under Statistics.
Traffic Overview shows a line chart of your hits, including page views and unique visitors, with additional information below. You can filter results by Hourly, Daily, Weekly, and Monthly.
- Hourly - Site traffic by hour for the last 24 hours
- Daily - Site traffic by day for the last 30 days
- Weekly - Site traffic by week for the last 3 months
- Monthly - Site traffic by month for the last year
Traffic is broken into three categories.
- Visits - Continuous browsing events on your site with no more than a 30-minute break between interactions. Visits are a good measure of attention on your site as they correlate with a single browsing session and are frequently used in marketing applications.
- Audience Size - Often called Unique Visitors, this is tracked via a browser cookie, which is set when a visitor first accesses a website. The cookie has a lifespan of two years.
- Page Views - Every page hit on your site that loads completely.
For additional information about your site traffic, you can connect your site to Google Analytics.
Once you've signed up for an account, click Get Tracking ID and copy the Website Tracking code. Paste this code in the Extra Header Code Injection field for your site's Code Injection area. Then click Update Information.
Squarespace 7 comparison
Our newest platform, Squarespace 7, has more sophisticated metrics options, including:
- Mobile usage
- RSS subscribers
- Referral sites
- Search queries
- Sales overview
- Abandoned checkout
Squarespace 7 also has a built-in integration with Google Analytics.