Your access log is a database detailing the visitor activity that occurs on your website. Below is an overview of the various access log entries you may come across.
Each entry of your log, in addition to containing an access time and information about a visitor, will contain a description of the logged event in the following format:
Page Title (Type)
- Page Title — The title of the page that this visitor accessed (ex: My favorite books, My journal, etc.).
- Type — The type of the page that was accessed (ex: File, Page, Journal, etc.).
- Each visitor record will (when clicked) display the following pieces of information:
- Time — The time which this visitor accessed your site.
- IP Address — The IP address this visitor was coming from. IP addresses are numbers assigned to each machine on the internet.
- Hostname — The hostname corresponding to the IP address of this visitor.
- Referrer (If Available) — A link to the page that this visitor followed to access the.
- User Agent — A string representing the browser that this visitor was using. If this visitor was a robot, the user agent will indicate the type of robot