Your site may display security certificate errors if:
- You're accessing your Squarespace site using SSL (Strong Security) under a custom domain (https://).
- You're accessing your billing information from a custom domain.
- A site member is resetting their password.
The warning displays because the certificate you're using is provided for Squarespace.com, rather than one purchased for your custom domain specifically. While your traffic is still encrypted to our system, this warning is informing you that you may be contacting a host other than the one you intend. Unless you run a very high-risk domain, this is not happening to you.
To avoid these error messages:
- Always use the direct URL to log in. Ensure the URL starts with http: instead of https:
- Disable SSL for your site.
Note: Squarespace 5 is our legacy platform from 2012. Although we still support Squarespace 5, fixing bugs or issues is a lower priority for us while we focus on our current platform, Squarespace 7.