You can add a Google Translate button to your Squarespace 5 site to make your content available in multiple languages.
Step 1 - Get the Google Translate code
Go to Google Translate and click the About Google Translate link at the bottom of the page.
Click Tools, and then click Get Started.
Click Add to your website now.
Add the URL for your site, and then click Next.
Customize the button with your language and display preference, and then click Get Code.
Step 2 - Add the code to your site
You can place the Google Translate button in a few areas of your site depending on how you want it to display.
To set the button to translate your entire site, add the code in the Code Injection panel:
- In the Website Management bar, click Website Settings under Structure.
- Click Code Injection.
- Use the drop-down menu to choose Extra Header Code.
- Paste the code into the HTML Code field.
- Click Update Information.
You'll then see the Google Translate button at the top of each page of your site.
You can also add the button to:
- Page or post - Use a code snippet to display the button within a page or blog post.
- Sidebar - Add the code to a Text/HTML sidebar widget. You can choose to show the widget only on certain pages.
- Other areas - Use Code Injection to add it to specific areas across your whole site, like your footer or banner.
Note: This third-party customization falls outside the scope of our support. This means that we’re unable to help further with setup or troubleshooting. Additionally, since this is a code-based solution, we can’t guarantee its functionality or full compatibility with Squarespace 5. While we can't help further, here are some resources that can point you in the right direction: