While there isn't a built-in way in Squarespace 5 to import a text or HTML Page, you can manually copy it to a page on your site to recreate the content.
Step 1 - Copy the text or HTML
On the other site or program, copy the text or HTML.
Step 2 - Create an HTML Page
- Log into your Squarespace 5 site.
- In the Website Management bar, click Architecture.
- In any page section, click Add Page.
- Click HTML, then Select & Configure.
- Add the page title and click Create Page.
- Click the page to open it.
Step 3 - Add the text or HTML
If you pasted text from another program like Microsoft Word or Google Drive into Squarespace 5, the text can carry over hidden styling that interferes with how your content displays.
To remove most formatting, highlight the text and click Format, then Remove Formatting.
If this doesn't fix the issue, try one of these options:
- Keyboard shortcut - Copy the text and use a keyboard shortcut to paste it as plain text. On a PC, press Ctrl + Shift + V. On a Mac, press ⌘ + Shift + V
- Third-party program - Paste the text into a program like Notepad or TextEdit that converts it to plain text. Then copy it from that program and paste it into the editor.
To import HTML pages from platforms such as Dreamweaver and Microsoft Expression Web:
- Click HTML to switch the editor to HTML mode.
- Paste the HTML into the editor.
- Click Save & Close.
Repeat this process for every page you want to import.
Note: Adding code to your site is an advanced modification that falls outside of the scope of Squarespace support. For more help adding HTML to your site, visit Adding custom code.