Use the Map page to embed a Google Map with a location pin on your site. This is a great way to display your business or event's location.
Step 1 - Add the page
In Structure mode or site Architecture, click Add Page and choose Map. Then click Select & Configure.
For more help, visit Adding a page.
Step 2 - Choose the location
In the configuration area, use the Map Coordinates & Display Options section to set up your map.
- Use the Locate Address field to find your location.
- Press the Ctrl or Command key and scroll to zoom the map in or out.
- Update the Marker Caption field with text that will display in the marker on the map. For example, you might want to put the name of your business.
- Check Display Map Scroll Controls to include zooming and scrolling controls.
- Check Display Map Type Controls to allow visitors to switch between normal and satellite view.
When you're finished, save and enable the page or widget.
Tip: The Marker Caption field accepts basic HTML. Adding code to your site is an advanced modification that falls outside of the scope of Squarespace support.
Step 3 - Add text to the page (optional)
In Structure mode, click Add Page Header or Add Page Footer to add text above or below the map. Once you've added a header or footer, click the Modify annotation to change it.
Can I add multiple location pins to the map?
The map can only display one location pin. To create maps for multiple locations, add multiple Map pages.
The Map Block is displaying incorrect information.
If you see incorrect information, you can report it to Google directly. Click Report a Map Error in the bottom-right corner of the map.
Embed a third-party map
To add a set of driving directions, local search, or map created by other users or platforms, embed the custom code with a code snippet.
Note: Adding code to your site is an advanced modification that falls outside of the scope of Squarespace support.