Once you enable tracking for a file in your Squarespace 5 site's file storage area or File Storage Page, the download analysis area of Traffic Overview shows each time the file is downloaded.
Note: The download analysis area only displays data for tracked files.
Step 1 - Track the file
How you track the file depends on where you uploaded it.
File storage area
For files you added to your site's file storage area:
- In the Website Management bar, click File Storage under Data & Media.
- Click Track next to the file.
File Storage Page
For files you added to a File Storage Page:
- Log into your site and go to the File Storage Page.
- Enter Content Editing Mode.
- Click Track for that file.
Step 2 - View the tracked downloads
- In the Website Management bar, click Traffic Overview under Statistics.
- Scroll to Download Analysis to see the list of downloads.
Tip: For more details about your visitors, visit the access log.