Squarespace 5 doesn't have a built-in shopping cart or other commerce features. This guide provides an overview for how to sell goods and services with your site.
Switch to Squarespace 7
If you're interested in selling items through your site, we recommend moving your site to Squarespace 7. Squarespace 7 is our current platform and has integrated commerce features such as:
- Built-in shopping cart
- Inventory tracking and analytics
- Integrated tax and shipping options
- Support for physical, digital, and service products
- Commerce-specific templates that help your products shine
Integrate commerce with Squarespace 5
If you're not ready to switch to Squarespace 7, you can use your Squarespace 5 site to promote your business and integrate your site with third-party commerce services.
Note: Squarespace 5 doesn't provide SSL or other security for transactions or form submissions. If you're collecting money through a third-party service, contact your service provider for information about their payment processing.
Highlight your products
With the built-in features of your site, you can:
- Add images and descriptions for your business and products on an HTML page.
- Add forms to your site to give visitors a way to contact you.
- Use the Amazon List Module to list products you're selling on Amazon.
- Use the File Storage Module for digital downloads, and hide it behind a password.
Integrate third-party services
To integrate commerce options from third-party payment and merchant services, such as Etsy, PayPal, Stripe, and BigCartel, you can:
- Embed payment buttons - Contact your merchant service for embeddable HTML code. Add the code to any area of your site that's configured to accept code, such as the HTML option in a WYSIWYG editor, or Code Injection.
- Embed products - If your third-party supports this, you can embed products directly to any area of your site that's configured to accept code. For example, with Etsy, you can embed items from your shop.
Reach out to your service provider for help with their widgets and embed codes. All third-party customizations and code modifications fall outside of the scope of Squarespace support.